When A Run Does Not Mean Running Away

Sunday, May 27, 2012

I think I am guilty of that - sometimes, I feel I have run away from problems. Every time I am unhappy, I find myself flying to China. But then, I think that's not running away - it's running towards happiness. Today, I ran a different race. For the first time ever, I ran a full 10k marathon. It wasn't competitive - and a timing of just over an hour is ridiculous, but somehow during these days when I feel that accomplishments are a mirage, even this cast a pleasurable glow over the day.

I could have run faster and harder I knew. That is what makes me feel the same for life too. I can do better than this. Better than waiting for Fridays. And dreading Sunday evenings. Run faster and harder in life - run for happiness, because that's all there really is. There is no other run. Run to happiness.

About This Blog

Expression of soul-shocked awe and horror at life

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Google Analytics Alternative